Auto complete not working in IE 11

Hello, My apologies if this has been asked already, but a search didn’t show me any likely matches.

We have auto complete working well in Chrome, FireFox, and even MS Edge, but not Internet Explorer (at least version 11, not sure about earlier). When Ctrl+Space is done on an empty spot in the editor text area it correctly displays the list of possible completions. But when one of those is selected, and then Ctrl+Space is done again, it doesn’t display the new completion list, it just enters a space at the current cursor location.

The definition in the config is simply

I haven’t tried to debug it yet. I thought I’d ask if anyone else has seen that and knows the cure before I spend too much time on it.

Thanks in advance!
Dan

Oh, I should have done at least a little debug first! :slight_smile:
IE doesn’t provide String.prototype.startsWith which we’re using in or token parser. We have code that supposed to inject our own version when it’s not present, but apparently that’s not being picked up.

Yes, sure enough, there was syntax in the js file containing the String.prototype.startsWith declaration that IE doesn’t like. Once that was rewritten in an IE friendly way it could load the js file, and therefore find the startWith function.

Sorry to have wasted the bandwidth on this forum!