The result is this demo: http://jsfiddle.net/Mottie/MK947/4021/
The main issue I’ve encountered is getting the backspace key to work - I can deal with getting the delete key to work later:
- The backspace key does not work on text that already exists inside the editor.
- It does work on newly entered text entered using either the physical or virtual keyboard.
- It doesn’t work if you type in a space. The backspace does not work on spaces
- And once a space or carriage return are used, the previously entered text cannot be deleted using the backspace.
- After using the carriage return, the first and/or second character of the new line cannot be deleted using the backspace.
I don’t know if these issues are due to the “delCharBefore” command not working as intended, or if there is some conflict with cursor placement between the keyboard code & CodeMirror.
Any input would be appreciated,