Curser based selection to autocomplete dialog box?

Hay, is there a way to tell the autocomplete dialog box to change selection based on which option the curser is on? The dialog box seems to be able to use cursor to finalise selections, and also can scroll through options, so it would also make sense for it to be able to change selection based on where the curser is at.

That being said, if not available directly, what is the best way to implement it, my guess is using ViewPlugin with eventHandler? Though is there a better way, or should I also know something else.

Dex Devlon,
Best regards.

No, this is not something the autocomplete package does. In fact, it’ll reset the completions if you move the selection. Could you go into a bit more detail about what kind of effect you’re trying to implement?

I think so there is some kind of misunderstanding, sorry there. What I meant was I would like the selected option, to move with the position of the mouse cursor.

Current implementation:
Screen Recording 2022-07-02 at 2.46.20 PM

What I am trying to get(gif from outside of CM, but gets the point across)
Screen Recording 2022-07-02 at 2.52.51 PM

The reason I say its might be implementable as, I looked into the exported functions from the autocomplete library, and found there is moveCompletionSelection command available, but looking at it now it doesn’t seem to have any way to move multiple steps, so I would most likely need to reimplement it with multiple steps, or maybe you could state a better solution.

And the reason I thought, or maybe it still is the case and I my search fu wasn’t good enough, that there might already be a way to implement it directly was because that you could scroll though the options, in which case it might have made sense to able to do this.

Dex Devlon,
Thanks.

Possibly the setSelectedCompletion effect is what you’re looking for?

Yeah that is what I am looking for. Thanks!