Moving CM to Iframe and back

I have a quite complicated webapp … where I recently startet to integrate CM for better editing. And I really like it!
(before I just used plain textarea)

Now sometimes the textinput will be in the main document, but sometimes from an iframe embedded (but connected) to the mainapp.

Out of performance and maintainance reasons, I would like to have just one instance of cm and reuse it.

On the maindocument cm now works.
But when I simply append the cm-editorwrapper element into the iframe, the result is very odd behavior.
(refresh() helps only for the moment, but gets confused after the next input)

Now am I missing something, like a method for this case, or is my use-case simply not intented and I should use a second instance for the iframe?

Also, how is the state of CM 6? Is it quite stable now?
Because since I just started integrating cm into my project and even though it works, I still have to tweak quite some things anyway, I could also just use the new version?

Editors created in an iframe seem to work. Editors moved there indeed don’t appear to, though I don’t see, right away, why not.

Version 6 isn’t usable yet, so I wouldn’t hold out for that if you have an immediate need for an editor.

Thanks for the quick answer.

And well, too bad, but if you find out what’s wrong, I would be glad.

Otherwise I can probably live with a workaround, that I put my cm instance over the iframe (but that can get messy in my codebase).