is the `textarea` inputStyle going to be deprecated in the future?

@marijn somewhere in the release notes you say you hope to someday make contenteditable inputStyle the default for all platforms. Does this mean that textarea will be deprecated?

Personally, the more I’m looking into codemirror and the differences between the two inputStyles, the more I’m seeing the contenteditable as inferior (at least for non-mobile platforms):

• inability to customize many parts of the editor (cursor, selection…)
  • some APIs not working in certain cases (setSelection, showCursorWhenSelecting…), or working inconsistently (multiselection styling)
  • potential inconsistencies depending on different browser implementations of contenteditable (mostly visual, but possibly even functional)

I hear you that the contenteditable is working better on mobile (haven’t been able to get into that yet), but I think from the above there’s value in keeping the textarea inputStyle, and IMO instead of moving to make the contenteditable the default, I’d rather to make the textarea work cross-platform well, and make that the default, coz it seems more future-proof (and predictable/consistent), and not at the whim of browsers and being limited by what’s possible to do with contenteditable (which isn’t gonna evolve I reckon).

If there’s ever a major rewrite of CodeMirror (the codebase is showing its age), it’s likely that it will only do contentEditable-style input. But until then, I don’t expect to completely drop textarea support.